BookKeeper / Accounts Assistant
Working hours: Full time and part time (2/3 days per week) positions available
We are a busy professional BookKeeping company based in Poole and are looking for an experienced BookKeeper to join our existing team.
Your day to day duties will include data entry of Invoices, receipts, remittances, cheques etc In to Xero and various other accounting packages such as Sage 50 Accounts.
Other tasks you will be required to carry out on a daily basis are:
- Reconciliation of bank accounts & credit cards.
- Dealing with payroll journals and any other month end journals as each clients required.
- Producing management accounts where required.
- The balancing of intercompany loans and possibly some credit control.
- Dealing with client queries by email and telephone
With us there is a culture of “all hands on deck” to help out with all types of general tasks including answering the telephone and also dealing with customer queries, so you will have a flexible approach and friendly personality to be able to fit with the current team.
It is imperative that you have the following
- General BookKeeping knowledge to a high level
- Good hands on knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts or Xero
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office products
- A full driving license and your own vehicle would be an advantage as travel to customer sites is required at times and can also be without warning.
This is not a junior role and requires independent, methodical self – disciplined, The suitable candidate must be able to think on their feet, and mentally adapt quickly to the constant challenges of jigsaw building style bookkeeping. You must be able to work on your own initiative but good communication is also essential as we are a team.
This role would suit a person who constantly loves a challenge, and who finds themselves changing bookkeeping roles frequently striving for more of a challenge in their next role.
Do you thrive on the every changing world of Book Keeping and the challenges that this provides, do you have experience of Payroll, CIS or Xero as this would be a real advantage. If so then this could be the position you have been looking for.
Training/assistance will be given where required but this person must have a very good bookkeeping foundation as this is a demanding role but for the right person it is also a rewarding position.
If this sounds of interest to you then please send us a copy of your cv via email to firstname.lastname@example.org today